Differences between Self Install or Professional Robot Lawnmower InstallChris Harrison
Whats involved if you do the robot Lawnmower installation your self
Choosing the correct Robot Lawnmower for your lawn.
You will need to buy the materials, Loop wire, Pegs, Couplers and connectors. These can be bought individually or you can buy prepacked installation kits to suit different size areas and complexities. Estimating how much you need can be difficult and your more than welcome to get in touch if you need assistance. Buy Materials Here
Each robot Lawnmower comes with instructions for how to install.
Here is a quick look at the process
- Choose charging station location
- Ensure you have a 240v socket within 10 metres of the charging station.
- Install the transformer and low voltage cable.
- Peg down the boundary wire and also the necessary guide wires. ( Important ! depending on the model you have selected this will effect the number of guide wires you have available)
- Connect wires to your charging station
- Switch on you robot Lawnmower and go through the set up process on the screen. You may need to select different starting points and exit angles. Some models with GPS will assist with this.
- Start your robotic lawnmower
A small installation can be completed in a few hours but a large installation may take days without the use of a cable laying machine. Make sure you follows the instructions carefully to avoid any pitfalls. Whether you choose to do it your self or have us install we are here to help.
We take care of all of the above and their are a few extras.
- All of the wires are buried
- Offer extended warranty on the machine and installation e.g. Husqvarna Automower Warranty is extended to 3 years.
- We can run through all aspects of controlling your robot lawnmower, sometimes instructions can be hard to digest.
- Guarantee that the area we quoted for will be cut
- Use upgraded materials such as a stronger loop wire
- We will come out to you if their is a problem
So what do we think
If you have a small square garden then installing your self is a very real option.
Often peoples first thoughts are about cost, professional installations start at £350 and the smallest do-it-yourself installation kit is £70 so it can be a nice saving. Think about how much the extra year warranty is worth to you. Mistakes with the install can mean buying more materials and its often that people do require more materials than the installation kit provides.
For Larger and more complex lawns the benefit of a professional installation is greater. Trying to install on a large lawn by yourself can take a very long time and you might not save any money due to needing 100’s or even 1000’s of pegs. Chances of the installation not working correctly are also more likely when the size and complexity is increased. Need more help deciding which option is best for you please feel free to get in touch.